The iPhone X can offer Face ID, Apple's face recognition support. But Samsung had the feature first with the Galaxy S8. Now the new security option appears on note 8 and if it is not as safe as using a fingerprint, the face detection is a super quick way to unlock your phone because everything you need to look at the device.
Here’s how to set up facial recognition on the Galaxy Note 8.
1. Open Settings.
2. Tap on Lock Screen and Security.
3. Select Face Recognition.
4. Create a PIN.
5. Follow the instructions and move out of direct sunlight to make it easier for the Note 8’s camera to record your face. Tap Continue.
6. Get ready to hold your phone directly in front of your face and position it inside the circle.
7. Once your face has been scanned, turn on facial recognition as your preferred method to unlock your phone.
8. Customize your facial recognition settings so your phone unlocks automatically when you look at it. You can even toggle on a setting to speed up that process, but Samsung says there’s tradeoff: faster facial recognition leads to decreased security.